IRIE TING CAREERS
Join Team Irie Ting - Where Drinks + Food Lovers Unite
At Irie Thing, we are passionate about our restaurant - and the people who join our team. We want our people – our team members and our customers to enjoy themselves and have a good time in a fun atmosphere!
Our Chefs play an important role with our customers by preparing diverse Caribbean food menus. Your responsibilities also include adding creativity to our food and dessert menus, ensuring food is delivered timely with high quality, and comply with health and sanitation requirements.
It is a requirement that all our chefs be flexible with their schedules.
Your role with us includes:
- Cook, prepare, and implement new menus for the restaurant.
- Maintain kitchen inventory, and purchase food and kitchen equipment.
- Study each recipe and gather all the necessary ingredients.
- Cook food on time.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff, and ensure the efficient coordination of the kitchen.
- Ensure training compliance with line cooks; record staff training in a timely manner.
- Inform servers and bartenders about daily specials and new menus.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy, etc.).
- Monitor food inventory (to include daily food requirements), place orders and restock as necessary.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items from inventory, fridge, etc.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients, and menu items.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Current Food Handlers Card and Certification.
- Culinary school degree/diploma or certificate highly preferred
- Proven experience (one year or more) working as a Chef/Line Cook, and developing diverse food menus.
- Previous hands-on experience working with various kitchen equipment, utensils, etc.
- Strong knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques.
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and focused on creating an amazing customer experience.
- Current knowledge of changing cooking techniques and recipes.
- Strong knowledge of health and sanitation requirements.
- Excellent leadership, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Great customer service, team-oriented, and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more, and stand on feet for long periods.
Any other duties as assigned.