IRIE TING CAREERS
SHIFT LEAD (Part-Time)
Join Team Irie Ting - Where Drinks + Food Lovers Unite
At Irie Thing, we are passionate about our restaurant - and the people who join our team. We want our people – our team members and our customers to enjoy themselves and have a good time in a fun atmosphere!
Our Shift Lead plays an important role in the growth of our business, as you are responsible for overseeing operations in the absence of management, leading and managing the restaurant, our team, and customers. The forefront of your duties is assigning duties to team members during shifts, ensuring the delivery of high-quality menus, team motivation to drive positive customer experiences.
Your role with us includes:
- Manage daily Front of the House restaurant operations.
- Assist in the coordination of team member scheduling and assignment of job duties.
- Manage time-off requests, absences, and resolve team member conflicts.
- Train new and current team members on proper customer service practices and Irie Ting policies and procedures.
- Appraise team performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Manage opening and closing procedures (check cash drawers and prepare bank deposits).
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma highly preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Shift Leader or a similar management role.
- Previous experience in financial management, handling cash, computers, and POS.
- Passionate and knowledgeable of the hospitality industry, relevant health, and regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for great customer service, team-oriented, and communication skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy with strong managerial skills.
Ability to lift 10lbs or more, and stand on feet for long periods.