IRIE TING CAREERS
Join Team Irie Ting - Where Drinks + Food Lovers Unite
At Irie Thing, we are passionate about our restaurant - and the people who join our team. We want our people – our team members and our customers to enjoy themselves and have a good time in a fun atmosphere!
Our line cooks play an important role with our customers and chef by preparing diverse food menus. Your responsibilities include supporting the chef with the creation of food and desserts, ensuring food is delivered on time with high quality.
It is a requirement that our line cooks be flexible with their schedules.
Your role with us includes:
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans, and kitchen scales.
- Prepare food according to the chef’s specifications and set up stations for menus and food deliveries.
- Prepare food for service (e.g., butchering meat, preparing vegetables, sauces, etc.) and manage the food line within the kitchen.
- Assist in notifying servers and bartenders about daily menu specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation, the delivery of high-quality food, and ensure prompt delivery to guests and/or online or takeout orders.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy, etc.).
- Monitor food inventory (to include daily food requirements), place orders and restock as necessary.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items from inventory, fridge, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Current Food Handlers Card and Certification.
- Culinary school diploma preferred, but not a must.
- Proven experience (one year or more) working as a line cook, and developing diverse food menus.
- Previous hands-on experience working with various kitchen equipment, utensils, etc.
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and focused on creating an amazing customer experience.
- Great customer service, team-oriented, and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more, and stand on feet for long periods.
Any other duties as assigned.