IRIE TING CAREERS
PREP / LINE COOKS
Join Team Irie Ting - Where Drinks + Food Lovers Unite
At Irie Ting, we are passionate about our restaurant - and the people who join our team. We want our people - our team members and our customers to enjoy themselves and have a good time in a fun atmosphere!
Our Prep & Line Cooks play an important role with our customers by preparing diverse Caribbean food menus. Your responsibilities also include producing all assigned menu items in a quick, efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the restaurant.
It is a requirement that our line cooks be flexible with schedules and following the Chef and restaurant leadership instructions.
Your role with us includes:
- Set up kitchen and stock kitchen with all necessary supplies.
- Assist the chef in the preparation for service.
- Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces), etc.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
- Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
- Assure that each item is cooked to the Chef and guest's specifications.
- Answer, report and follow the chef's instructions in the coordination and presentation of the kitchen.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat-top griddles, and refrigeration equipment both during and after service.
- Stock inventory appropriately and assist in purchasing of kitchen related items.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality, food safety/sanitation and timeliness of products served.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff.
- Current Food Handlers Card and Certification.
- Culinary school diploma highly preferred.
- Proven experience (one year or more) working as a line/restaurant cook developing diverse food menus.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Accuracy and speed in executing meals and assigned tasks.
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and focused on creating an amazing customer experience.
- Current knowledge of changing cooking techniques and recipes.
- Strong knowledge of health and sanitation requirements.
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Great customer service, team-oriented and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more, and stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Any other duties as assigned.